مرداد ۱۱، ۱۳۹۷

Bundahishn

This is part of a conversation with Ryka, my 4-year-old son, while making Legos:

"Mom! Did you see any discourses when you were a child?"
"No sweetie. They did not exist even back then."

After a few minutes he asks, "Mom! Were you the only one [on earth] in the past?"

I want to say “Yes! I am one year older than God. So... Once upon a time, in a land far far away, there was no one under the azure dome but a Mandana.”  Then I remind myself that to my little child, I am as old as eternity. I have been here long time before he was born. So I just casually say, "Yes! only me and daddy."
That is when he asks me " What did you look like back then?"
"Umm, we looked like monkeys and lived in caves."
"What happened next?"
"We made so many Legos that we lost all our body hair."

PS. "Losing one's body hair/fur" is a slang in Farsi. The closest translation I can think of for the sake of this conversation is "losing our sanity".



هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر