مهر ۱۹، ۱۳۹۳

Conservation of joy

Too often I find myself asking parents of older kids "does it get any easier when they grow up?". The answer usually is that it does get easier in some ways but also gets harder in some other ways. That the difficulties of parenting changes form, but remain constant over time. 
But tonight, when I was tidying up the messy toys in the basement, I stood there for a moment and I felt how much I will miss this whole thing when my kids grow up. In fact, I already felt the pain strong enough to feel teary. What I really should have asked those parents is "does it still remain the same when they grow up?" 
Do they still make you laugh hard from bottom of your heart? Do they still make you feel that you are very special "in the whole wide world"? Do they make your heart explode with love? Do they make your soul happy, fresh, out of and above this world? Do you still feel you are the luckiest?
Please tell me the answer is yes. Please tell me that the law of conservation applies to the joy of parenting as well. That the joy only changes form but it will be felt constantly over the time. 




هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر