بهمن ۱۸، ۱۳۹۰

the other point of view


so I am talking with my young colleagues at work ... they are 24,25,and 26 years old and are talking between themselvese who is older and who is younger! Well, they are 10 years younger than me and I am like 'OK, don't talk to me! you are all kids!' ... we are laughing and their talks continue and they turn toward the guy who is 26 and they tell him that he is even older since he has a house (he recently bought his first apartment) in a joking way ... I am like 'Gosh! having a house makes us older? then I am too old ..' the guy who is 24 tells me 'but your story is different! you have a child!' with that look in his eyes and smile on his face that I don't know how mean he wants to be to me cause him and I tease each other every time we get a chance!
so I jokingly say "Uh! what is that suppose to mean? Am I dying?" ... at this moment they all say "No! you gave birth. you created a life ... that cuts your own age into half" ... now they all are trying to explain to me how the age calculation works since they notice my puzzled look -- which I am sure they are quite familiar with it now -- they are trying to explain the concept behind it ... and I am still amazed at the new point of view! I just calmly say 'I like that theory!"
So I continue 'yeah nice ... and as he grew older I become younger!' now they say yes, it is divided by two now, and when he become 3, it is divided by 3 ... funny ... I am just smiling ... thinking that how true it is: when you give birth, your life is divided by half and so is your age!

Why do we think the opposite way always? Mothers -those that I know- use to say "my life is half gone since I have a child ... I got older because of my children ... they made me old!" which I am not arguing with ... I have been there done that! But the point is how we can think beautiful about this ... about everything .... if your life is half gone, it logically means your age is cut into half, doesn't it? :)

Have not read philosophy for long time ... playing with mind ... who thought of this idea first?

* P.S. written in mid-night while I am tired and have 1000 other ideas/topics to write about. Hope I could convey the feelings behind it. Just a nice thing to share :)










۱ نظر:

  1. فرهنگ کانادایی ها چقدر در مقایسه با فرهنگ خشن ما لطیفه. به این خاطر نیست که زاد و ولد در غرب خیلی کم بوده و اونها به تدریج لطیف شدن و بر عکس ما که به علت زاد و ولد بالا و وضعیت معاش پایین رفته رفته خشن شدیم؟

    پاسخحذف