اردیبهشت ۱۲، ۱۳۹۲

Bed Time Reading


Last night. I am sitting in the bed reading my book. Rodeen finds me there and I know how much he loves to join. He says he wants to join me and read his own book. He is too excited. I agree but I act normal. I don't show my happiness since I know what will happen if I reveal it! He brings his new book. This is the first book that he borrowed from library a few days ago. We both borrowed our books from library. Such a joy. He borrowed two of the very same book: A book about animals in French language! Well it is full of pictures. The universal language.

So he climes up my bed. Joins me with his book. Sits exactly the same way I sit. A few seconds later, he says: 
- My book is about animals. What is your book about?
Well, now I cannot hide my surprise. I reply:
-Mine is about people.
-Why?!!
-!! um !! because it is about people!!
- Why?!!!!
- because I like to read about people!
- Why?
- What would you like my book to be about?!!
- umm … about farm (with a smile) 
- (with a smile) OK! I read the part that is about farm.

He seems to be happy now. Then just a nano seconds later, he asks:
- What is the title of your book?  (in Farsi he asked: esme ketabe to chieh?)
- (with my rounded big eyes) Fifty Shades!
- Why?
- What is the title of your book?
He closes the book, looks at the French title I cannot read, and says "Jungle Animals" 

Oh boy! you are just so funny. So cute. Lets read your book together shall we? :-)  This way we both can actually read.

I cannot wait for the time that you are grown up and we both go to library together. You will pick a book that I won't understand what it is about and why it is so appealing to you! You will tell me it is about X-Y-Z and I will ask you Why? You will look at me with disappointment thinking that "Mom! leave me alone! You will never get it!"


۳ نظر:

  1. I love you Rodeen jaan, and i love your mom for reminding me how important it is to teach based on example....

    پاسخحذف

  2. mehray
    عقل و اخلاق جهان‌شُمول (مهرای ساغِشکی)

    http://mehray.blogsky.com/posts/

    پاسخحذف
  3. ooh.. this is so sweet. i read a couple of entries and it made me tear up thinking how touching this blog will be when rodeen is able to read in his own words your thoughts of him
    Muoi

    پاسخحذف