فروردین ۲۶، ۱۳۸۹

9/9/2009

On September 2nd 2009, after about a month of having a weird sickness feeling, finally I realized that I might be pregnant. I took the urine test and BOOM … a very bold positive sign appeared on the screen right away. Then I told your father. We were both happy. Actually it was a mixture of happiness together with strange new feelings. We both knew we wanted to have a child. It had happened before we know it! We were getting ready to go back home for your auntie’s weeding. My sisters’ wedding was very important to me and I wanted to be totally ready for it and to be there on time to be able to help her. I was so busy with planning the trip and taking 3 weeks off from work that I had not noticed all the various signs and signals that my body was sending for me. Plus, working in day and night shifts, changes the body regulations and I was confused what is happening to me! For about a month, I had minor morning sickness, together with a strange change in my appetite. But I was so busy that every day I forgot about my morning sickness just about an hour after I started work. For near 3 weeks, I could only eat Kabob and rice, pickles and Dough – Iranian sour yogurt drink. These are your father’s all-time favorites and after I found out I am pregnant, I told him that you have his appetite! :) I just was not able to take any other food even though I tried to cook my favorite ones. They all smelled bad for me. For breakfast, I only could have bread, honey with butter. I was thinking I have stomachache because of the work and travel stress! Our flight was on Sep 18th.

For the weekend, we went to Marineland. We were looking at all those cute happy children thinking that for the next year or so, we will take you there and you will have lots of fun! I took a picture with a Beluga whale was I was petting her and I was thinking about you enjoying the touch! It was a happy day.

On Sep 8, I could go for a family doctor visit and there my pregnancy was confirmed with blood test. I was given Materna vitamins. These are special multi vitamins for expectant moms. There is a picture of a mother and her baby on the container of the vitamins. I remember that it was the first thing that entered our home/our lives with a picture of motherhood on it and I had a very strange feeling every time I looked at the picture. The next day, I got an appointment with the obstetrician and I also bought the book ‘What to expect when you are expecting’. It is my habit to sign and date any book I buy. Each of my books reminds me of a time and a place or a friend. It was not until I was putting the date on the book that I realized the day was 9/9/2009! It was another strange sign and I took it as a good one. The next motherhood picture was the picture on this book! I could not believe I will turn into a real pregnant woman soon! Everything was new and strange! For a while, I used to hide the book and the vitamins from the public view. Now, look around me! Everything has a baby sign and we are so ready to be parents …soon :)

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر